Saturday, January 22, 2011

On Trials and Tribulations

What a week... I mean what a week... I cant remember the last time when I have felt such stress... but it is Saturday night... actually right around 11:30 and that means that a new week is about to begin.  A new week where I truly appreciate the friends in my life, where I can sit down and enjoy the small things in life, a week where I get back to what I do well: living simply and fully.  I've spent too much time worrying about things out of my own control.  I need to remember to keep thinking "C'est la vie" and " Que Sera, Sera".  The big picture things are out of my control and really shouldn't worry me right now.  I can only worry about myself and my best friends and how I can better them, and how they can better me.  Its been an insane week, but I really feel I'm better for it.  My relationships are stronger and healthier for all of the craziness that occurred during this week, and honestly, if we can all get through what happened, we can get through anything.  I'm not letting anyone go, not letting anyone slip away.  They all mean too much to me.  Our group is here to stay, through thick and thin.  Through the good times and the bad, we'll have each other to lean on. It wont be easy when the going gets tough, but to know that I have a group of friends that can support me, and that can look to me for support.  It's a beautiful thing, and something I haven't really experienced until this week.  Sure things have been fun, but the real test of a friendship is when things turn from fun to hard, and how we show grit and perseverance in the toughest of situations.  We've all shown that grit, and we're all still here :) so thank you.  You all mean the world to me.  Heres to the spring semester.  Things can only improve from here on out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment