Sunday, March 20, 2011

What a start

What a fabulous start to my spring break.  I went to SLC with Teaira (my wonderful, wonderful girlfriend) and Luis (my best friend).  We went down to see the opera "Little Women." First things first, the opera was wonderful.  The set was simple yet elegant.  The costuming was spot on to what you would expect.  The lady who played Jo was spectacular.  She was funny, coy, experienced and jaded all  at the same time.  Wonderfully acted and sung.  The only weak part of the opera was the guy who played Laurie.  While definitely not the worst tenor in the world, he was far from the best too.  Although it took me by surprise to hear him searching for pitches, the longer I listened, then longer I knew something was wrong with his health.  He was definitely sick.  His tone was too thin and weak.  So I'm sure he is an amazing singer, it probably was a bad night for him vocally (we all have those).  After the opera we went to Ichiban for sushi. I didnt have the sushi as I was really really hungry and wanted something a little more substantial. Ichiban was a little pricey but well worth it.  We turned it in after that.  The next day we found a really cool little coffee shop called "Jack Mormon Coffee".  It was a cool little place.  We all went to breakfast at the "classy" denny's,  then went to the gateway mall.  The mall was really really cool.  Lots of nice shops and boutiques.  Everything was really expensive of course.  We found that my pant size is now 34x30 (hurray!)  After the mall we went to a nifty little store called "Spark" and found Teaira a super cute red straw cloche hat.  The store next door was called decades and was a vintage clothing store, so we spent a little time in there too.  Our friends Evan and Abbi told us that we had to go to the Ikea, so we found Ikea and spent the rest of the day in there.  Teaira was dead set on finding something to by there so when she has her own apartment she can say "I got this at the Ikea."  She found a really cool cheese grater.  After that we drove all the way back to Pokey...

When I got home, I just thought to myself "this is going to be a great spring break."

No comments:

Post a Comment