Saturday, January 8, 2011

Home at last

Yep. Im home...



Everything is right with the world and I am so excited for this new semester.  I'll be honest, I was worried that things were going to change somehow.  Everything seemed in flux.  Everything seemed to be changing around me and that worried me.  I was concerned that somehow my being away for nearly a month would strain relationships and home wouldn't quite seem like home.  I even worried about that for a while when I got back to pokey, but these last few days have shown me that nothing has really changed, and if they have, its for the better.

Friday I woke up without a car and sleep deprived. Completed some mundane tasks around the house and had lunch with Derek and Kristen.  When I picked them up I gave Derek what could be his best Christmas present to date.  I gave him a child's accordion to go along with his full size accordion.  He loved it but Kristen eventually couldn't stand it.  He kept playing his "german polka song".  Later Teaira picked me up and we went job hunting and shopping at the mall.  Ok so maybe it was mostly shopping, but we did pick up a few applications.  After that we went back to her house and had a few drinks with her amazing family.  Seriously, if you're looking for a good time, look no further then Teaira's parents and god parents.  Cindy completely made my night when she had a "foot in mouth" moment of epic proportions... I won't exactly get into what was said, but suffice it to say, it was one of the funniest moments I can remember recently.  After sitting around the fire out on the patio, me and Teaira got started on our joint-bucket-list venture.  We're going to watch all 82 best picture winners.  We got started with "The Broadway Melody" (1929 musical).  It had a bit of a slow start but by the end I was enthralled.  SO MUCH DRAMA.  Skeezy guys going after a pretty young girl whose sister was engaged to a man that was in love with the pretty young girl... complicated to say the least.  But after that we went to walmart and got cupcakes and powerade (the snack of champions) ate them and then it was time for me to leave.  I had so much fun and cant wait to finish the other movies.  Next up is "All Quiet on the Western Front".

Today was another fun day.   I was woken up by a text by Luis "Im back". Well he doesnt have to tell me twice. I hurried up and got ready and went and picked him up and we got breakfast/lunch then went and ran a bunch of errands that I needed to run.  The errand running was complete with "teenage angst singing" in the car and being wise-asses to each other.  We went back to his place and screwed around for a bit with derek and the accordions.  We ended up just spending most of the rest of the day there. I cooked dinner for them there.  To say the least, it was fun.  So much fun.

Tomorrow is church, lunch with Nanette (YAY!!), and then I pick up my sister in slc.

I know this post seems a tad bit self indulgent and just a summery of what I did this weekend, but screw it, I'm gonna be self indulgent tonight.  Needless to say I'm the happiest I've been in a very very long time. I couldn't imagine being anywhere else in the world right now.

We'll see what the next semester brings, I'm sure its going to be amazing so keep tuned in!

No comments:

Post a Comment